Select pieces in the Shop include an option for a Charitable Giving donation. The organizations listed have been carefully researched and chosen to reflect the Victoria Boardman Studio core values of feminism, environmentalism, egalitarianism, and universal compassion toward people and animals.
Donations will be made quarterly. The donation percentage price listed is based on the sale price of the item and does not include shipping and handling costs or taxes. This donation is not tax-deductible for individuals making purchases.
If you do not wish for a charitable giving donation to be made, you may select that option on the product page.
The following list includes a brief description of each organization’s mission, a link to their website, and a link to explore additional information on Charity Navigator. Suggestions for charitable giving recipients are always welcome by email.
- International Rescue Committee (IRC), website | view on Charity Navigator
– “The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future.”
- Syrian American Medical Society foundation (SAMS), website | view on Charity Navigator
– “a non-political, nonprofit medical relief organization that is working on the front lines of crisis relief in Syria and neighboring countries to alleviate suffering and save lives.”
- American Civil Liberties Union Foundation (ACLU), website | view on Charity Navigator
– Nonprofit, nonpartisan, legal and advocacy organization devoted to protecting the basic civil liberties of everyone in America.
- OutRight Action International (formerly known as the International Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission), website | view on Charity Navigator
– Leading international human rights organization dedicated to improving the lives of people who experience discrimination or abuse on the basis of their sexual orientation, gender identity or expression; holds consultative status at the United Nations as a recognized Non-Governmental Organization representing the concerns and human rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people worldwide.
- Planned Parenthood Federation of America, website | view on Charity Navigator
– Provider of reproductive and women’s health care, committed to “each individual’s right to make informed, independent decisions about health, sex, and family planning.”
- Disabled American Veterans (DAV) Charitable Service Trust, website | view on Charity Navigator
– Supports physical and psychological rehabilitation programs that provide direct service to ill, injured, or wounded veterans.
- Environmental Defense Fund, website | view on Charity Navigator
– Nonpartisan, nonprofit organization committed to mitigating climate change, protecting wildlife and their habitats, and “preserv[ing] the natural systems on which all life depends.”